- St Pete Beach:
- Long Center:
- Saturday, December 14th
- NOTE CHANGE: Normal play time available on Saturday, Dec 7th.
- Other Facilities:
Our 2013 Holiday Dinner is almost here. Don't miss the fun!
||Leo's Italian Grill,
33286 U.S. Hwy 19 North, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
(between Tampa Rd & Nebraska Ave on US 19)
Tel: (727) 726-6061
||Sunday, December 8th, at 4pm
|Music By:||Dennis and Betsy Verdier|
Dance if you dare!
|For reservations, call or email Carolyn:
Cost: $25/person (tip and tax included)
- (2) Appetizers on each table
- Soup or Salad
- Choice of entrees:
- Chicken Marsala
- Penne alla Vodka
- NY Steak w/Mashed Potatoes & Veggies
- Happy Hour prices for beer, wine and well drinks
- Dessert not included
Starting September 14
Hours: Scheduled training, 11:30am to 1:00pm
Introductory class, 2:00pm to 3:00pm
JOIN THE PROGRAM:
- Two free 1-hour lessons.
- Center fee reimbursed.
- Loaner racket provided.
- USATT certified coach.
Monthly: $25 per Student or $35 per Family, includes one month of group lessons (4).
Individual: $10 per lesson.
More Info: Contact Rudy Santo, 727.541.4039
Or go to Junior Program Page
Watch Doctor Dan #3 in Us on YouTube! NEW SLIDE
Dr. Dan Rapper Tournament Series Finals:
Prizes are gift certificates for Giant Dragon products.
1st Place - Felipe Ruiz - $100.00
2nd Place - Don Tran - $75.00
3rd Place - Five Way Tie
Bill Robbins- $10.00
John Schoppe - $10.00
Phil Irish - $10.00
Tian Liang - $10.00
Aser LaAdamas - $10.00
1st Place - Cao/Tran -$100 ($50 each)
Many of you have been asking if we have any Club Play Rules. The answer is... YES, WE DO! Below are our basic playing rules.
Remember, everyone deserves the opportunity to play. It’s only fair
|| Doctor Dan #1
|| Doctor Dan #2
|| Doctor Dan #3
| Category A
1 Felipe Ruiz
2 Mark Vrahotes
3 Tian Liang
1 Yani Hu
2 John Lillie
3 Felipe Ruiz
1 Felipe Ruiz
2 James Wang
3 Michal Krecek
| Category B
1 Bill Robbins
2 John Reynolds
3 Thang Cao
1 Dan Harvey
2 Ed Loyola
3 Dennis Spicer
1 Aser LaAdamas
2 Tian Liang
3 Al Palumbo
| Category C
1 John Schoppe
2 Evan Bradley
3 Bill Wolf
| Not Played
1 Don Tran
2 Phil Irish
3 Karan Vyas
| Category D
1 Igor Bubis
2 Maurice Cohen
3 Margo Lindsay
1 Juan Perez
2 Cynthia Tian
3 Mylin Ruiz
1 Selena Tian
2 Cynthia Tian
3 Juan Ruiz
4 Mylin Ruiz
1 Cynthia Tian
2 Willie Deng
3 Juan Ruiz
1 Thang Cao/Don Tran
Three way tie!
1 Don Tran/Simon Chang
1 Thang Cao/Tuan Phan
1 Bo Leung/Karan Vyas
- Renew your club membership or join if you haven’t — ONLY $35 Individual, $45 Family, $25 Seasonal (less than 6 months)
- Warm-up time is limited to 5 minutes. Then play a match. Best 3 of 5 to 11.
- If practicing instead of playing a match, the time limit is 30 minutes (inclucing warm-up time). Then both players leave the table.
- A player is allowed two wins at one table. On a player’s second win,both players leave the table.
- Any player can challenge any table by placing their paddle next to the challenged table. Please be courteous if they are in the middle of a game.
- If you are challenging a table, you cannot play on another table while waiting unless nobody is waiting to play.
- Start putting the tables away 15 minutes before quitting time!
- You must be OUT the front door five minutes before closing time.
- Training tables may be reserved for coaches.
- If nobody is waiting to play, then you can warm up as long as you want.
By Rudy Santo, Certified USATT Umpire
As a certified USATT umpire I would to comment on a table tennis rule that I see being violated often during
tournament play. It is the table tennis service rule. Table tennis service rules are outlined in sections 6.0
thru 6.6 of the USATT Rules Manual and all tournament players should be familiar with them and abide by them.
These are a few of the service rule violations that I have observed in recent tournaments
Click here to read more >>
Have you been procrastinating?
Getting a new sheet of rubber or a new blade can be quite expensive.
The Sunrise Table Tennis Club is proud to announce that our St. Pete Beach President, Bill Robbins, is now selling table tennis equipment.
His new business named "Blazin' Paddles" will currently be offering Giant Dragon blades and rubbers. These products are inexpensive and of high quality.
He will be offering a 25% discount to Sunrise Table Tennis Club members and a 15% discount to all other table tennis club and association members.
Products will be available at many of our Club locations and at upcoming tournaments. More information on the Giant Dragon products can be found at
or email Bill at email@example.com
Junior Development Program (JDP)
STTC players win 9 gold 3 silver at table tennis
TT Service Rule Violations
The Sunrise Table Tennis Club (STTC) is part of the Sunrise Sports Foundation, Inc., a non-profit 501 (3) (C) organization.
The goal of the Foundation is to promote low cost or free athletic competitions and educational clinics for all
adults and juveniles to promote fitness and personal excellence through planned athletic activities, educational,
recreational, competitive and social events. We provide free activities to all juveniles under the age of 17 and
have a plan for subsidizing indigent seniors. The Sunrise Table Tennis Club is one of the Florida table tennis clubs
that provides the facilities, activities and opportunities for the Foundation to achieve these goals.
The Sunrise Table Tennis Club is an activity of the Sunrise Sports Foundation, Inc.