- Long Center:
- Tuesdays in March: 25th.
- Thursdays in March: 6th, 27th.
- Saturdays in March: 15th, 22nd, 29th.
- Ross Norton:
- St Pete Beach:
Watch the Clearwater Winter Open Slide on YouTube!
Sherlyn Barvie Perez, born in 2003 near Havana, Cuba, began playing table tennis when she was seven and won her first tournament at the age of eight years old. Her table tennis awards include:
- 1st Place in 8- 9 years old event, Bejucal Provincial Competition of Table Tennis - March 2012
- 1st Place in Under 9 years old event, Barbados Martires Cup – May 2012
- 1st Place in Under 9 years old event, Mayabeque Municipality National School Games - August 2012
- Bejucal Provincial Best Athlete of 2012 – Awarded February 2013
- Most Outstanding Athlete in Under 11, 13, & 15 years old event, Barbados Martires Cup – February 2013
- 1st Place in Under 11 years old event - Barbados Martires Cup – February 2013
- 1st Place in Under 11 years old event, Bejucal Western Zone Table Tennis Cup - May 2013
Sherlyn left Cuba for Tampa with her family to pursue better training conditions and a better opportunity for advancement in the sport of Table Tennis.
Sherlyn and her family have expressed their gratitude for the warm welcome and encouragement they have received from the members of the Sunrise Table Tennis Club.
Gary Fraiman, coach for the Sunrise Table Tennis Club and their Junior Program, has happily taken her under his wing. She currently has a USATT rating of 1805 and recently placed first in the Master Division of the Clearwater Winter Heat Open Tournament. Coach Gary is convinced her rating will advance with every tournament she enters in the foreseeable future.
Sherlyn plans to play in the Lakeland Orange Blossom Series and to travel to the U.S. Open this July in Michigan. Coach Gary is currently searching for a sponsor to help with expenses toward the goal of training and preparing this gifted, enthusiastic athlete to join the U.S. Junior Team. If you are interested in being a Sponsor, please Contact Gary Fraiman at 410-812-7410, or email@example.com.
Kit Jeerapaet, Sunrise Table Tennis member, was accepted into the World Championship of Ping Pong Tournament.
The Tournament took place on Jan. 5th and 6th, 2014 at the Alexander Palace in London, England.
Sandpaper covered rackets were used and a total of $100,000 was the prize fund.
Congratulations and Good Luck to Kit.
For more information click here.
Colossal RR Format Two Star
WHEN : Saturday-Sunday, February 8-9th, 2014
$1,350 Prize Money
Limited to the FIRST 80 Registered Players!
WHERE: Long Center 1501 N. Belcher Rd, Clearwater FL 33765
Saturday Event Score Board
- Luigi Lopatinski
- Dylita Maharaj
- Jim Nason
- Phil Irish
- Tom Shepperd
- Victor Marik
- Thang Cao/Janet Irish
- Carolyn Adams/William Robbins
- Brian O'Reilly/Collin O'Reilly
- Angel Morales/Sherlyn Barvie
- South East Mix
(Garth Jordan/Winston Dowridge/Hisae Senko
- Track Data
(Colin O’Reilly/Brian O’OReilly)
- Bill Robbins
- Keith Hanley
Here are some of the winners of the Winter Heat Tournament
Watch Doctor Dan on YouTube! NEW SLIDE
2013 Dr Dan Rapper Holiday Remedy Tournament Winners:
| Class A
1 Ricardo Abril
2 Felipe Ruiz
3 Tian Liang
| Class B
1 Don Tran
2 David Barron
3 John Mason
| Class C
1 Kirk Hayworth
2 Bill Wolf
3 Janet Irish
| Class E
1 Juan Ruiz
2 Mylin Ruiz
1 Ricardo Abril/Patricia Benitez
2 Jason LIng/Tian Liang
Leurene Hildenbrand Has received an award for personal best National Senior Games Tour and was part of the NSG Celebration in Cleveland July 25. Grads to "Leu"!!!!
The Art (and Science) of a Successful Life
This is the story of an Ohio farm girl who dreamed of being a research scientist and persisted until she reached her goal. Leurene Hildenbrand overcame the prevailing bias of her time against women pursuing science careers and became the first female to manage a laboratory in her company.
But that's just the beginning of the story.
Read More about Leurene >>
Here is the list of the STTC players that participated in the table tennis events at the Florida International Senior Games & State Championships held December 7-15, Lee County Florida. They will be featured in an upcoming edition of the Clearwater Gazette.
Mens Singles, Age 70-74:
Mens Singles, Age 75-79:
Mens Singles, Age 80-84:
Womens Singles, Age 55-59:
Womens Singles, Age 70-74:
Womens Singles, Age 75-79:
- 1 Jose Borges
- 2 Simon Chang
- 3 Don Tran
Mixed Doubles, Age 55-59:
Mixed Doubles, Age 70-74:
Mixed Doubles, Age 75-79:
- 2 Nahed Williams/Raymond Look
- 4 Ralph Gragg/Sadako Tobias
Mens Doubles, Age 70-74:
- 3 Margo Lindsay/Alfred Palumbo
Womens Doubles, Age 55-59:
Womens Doubles, Age 75-79:
- 1 Simon Chang/Don Tran
- 3 Jose Borges/Raymond Look
- 2 Margo Lindsay/Sadako Tobias
Happy Holidays to all!!!!!
Starting September 14
Hours: Scheduled training, 11:30am to 1:00pm
Introductory class, 2:00pm to 3:00pm
JOIN THE PROGRAM:
- Two free 1-hour lessons.
- Center fee reimbursed.
- Loaner racket provided.
- USATT certified coach.
Monthly: $25 per Student or $35 per Family, includes one month of group lessons (4).
Individual: $10 per lesson.
More Info: Contact Rudy Santo, 727.541.4039
Or go to Junior Program Page
Many of you have been asking if we have any Club Play Rules. The answer is... YES, WE DO! Below are our basic playing rules.
Remember, everyone deserves the opportunity to play. It’s only fair
- Renew your club membership or join if you haven’t — ONLY $35 Individual, $45 Family, $25 Seasonal (less than 6 months)
- Warm-up time is limited to 5 minutes. Then play a match. Best 3 of 5 to 11.
- If practicing instead of playing a match, the time limit is 30 minutes (inclucing warm-up time). Then both players leave the table.
- A player is allowed two wins at one table. On a player’s second win,both players leave the table.
- Any player can challenge any table by placing their paddle next to the challenged table. Please be courteous if they are in the middle of a game.
- If you are challenging a table, you cannot play on another table while waiting unless nobody is waiting to play.
- Start putting the tables away 15 minutes before quitting time!
- You must be OUT the front door five minutes before closing time.
- Training tables may be reserved for coaches.
- If nobody is waiting to play, then you can warm up as long as you want.
By Rudy Santo, Certified USATT Umpire
As a certified USATT umpire I would to comment on a table tennis rule that I see being violated often during
tournament play. It is the table tennis service rule. Table tennis service rules are outlined in sections 6.0
thru 6.6 of the USATT Rules Manual and all tournament players should be familiar with them and abide by them.
These are a few of the service rule violations that I have observed in recent tournaments
Click here to read more >>
Have you been procrastinating?
Getting a new sheet of rubber or a new blade can be quite expensive.
The Sunrise Table Tennis Club is proud to announce that our St. Pete Beach President, Bill Robbins, is now selling table tennis equipment.
His new business named "Blazin' Paddles" will currently be offering Giant Dragon blades and rubbers. These products are inexpensive and of high quality.
He will be offering a 25% discount to Sunrise Table Tennis Club members and a 15% discount to all other table tennis club and association members.
Products will be available at many of our Club locations and at upcoming tournaments. More information on the Giant Dragon products can be found at
or email Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Development Program (JDP)
STTC players win 9 gold 3 silver at table tennis
TT Service Rule Violations
The Sunrise Table Tennis Club (STTC) is part of the Sunrise Sports Foundation, Inc., a non-profit 501 (3) (C) organization.
The goal of the Foundation is to promote low cost or free athletic competitions and educational clinics for all
adults and juveniles to promote fitness and personal excellence through planned athletic activities, educational,
recreational, competitive and social events. We provide free activities to all juveniles under the age of 17 and
have a plan for subsidizing indigent seniors. The Sunrise Table Tennis Club is one of the Florida table tennis clubs
that provides the facilities, activities and opportunities for the Foundation to achieve these goals.
The Sunrise Table Tennis Club is an activity of the Sunrise Sports Foundation, Inc.